Senior Web Developer
DIGITAL | JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE
Creative Energy is a destination agency, meaning that in addition to consistently creating internationally awarded work with clients spanning the US and abroad, we’re proud to call Johnson City, Tennessee our home, by choice.
With that comes instant access to: the Appalachian Trail; mountain bike trails (part of the MTB Project) and backpacking; world-class fly fishing, river and lake fishing; water sports as diverse as water skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, tubing; skiing and snowboarding; and endless hiking and camping; all nestled amongst a cluster of National Parks in a town that is undergoing a trend-setting renewal. Our agency culture reflects our outdoor interests.
We’re always on the lookout for those who hear the same calling.
As Senior Web Developer you will help chart the direction of web and app development at the agency, playing lead to a team of 5 other developers. You will leverage your deep expertise and work with a broader team of digital marketing professionals to drive delivery of smart, tested and on-time web and app projects. With your experience you will help guide and train team members, help plan and execute trend forward initiatives, and contribute to our overall continued growth. You are comfortable working within a team or working solo on depending upon the needs of the project.
- Analyze, and develop web and app projects that deliver clean, maintainable code across different platforms and technology including: WordPress, Craft CMS, Magento, Big Commerce, and others.
- Using trend-forward development techniques, help craft the next generation of website functionality and behavior.
- Within a sprint-based environment, function as part of a kanban team to maintain planned and forecasted work.
- Contribute to team meetings; and when necessary, lead team meetings.
- Troubleshoot problems across multiple environments and platforms.
- Provide guidance and training to other team members through code review, structured learning, and planned training sessions.
- Consult with creative team members on web designs and functionality, help guide web design from engineering perspective.
- Work with leadership to create, review processes that will benefit the agency.
- 5+ years of professional development experience with full-stack web-based technologies
- Strong capabilities in object-oriented development.
- Proven knowledge of scalable, secure web development methods along with relational databases schema specification and query design.
- An understanding of modern software development techniques, continuous integration and deployment, version control, and agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment and assist other professionals on the team.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills; comfortable with taking ambiguous customer requests and iterating to concrete solutions.
Tools & Language Experience
- CMS & e-commerce platforms WordPress, Craft, Magento, Big Commerce, WooCommerce (Snipcart a plus)
- Configuring and administering a LEMP / LAMP stack
- PHP (5-7)
- Python 3
- React, Angular, Node, VUE, NoSQL (React Native a plus)
- MySQL (and MariaDB)